24 September 2011

as of late

How does one jump back into blogging after it has been over two months since your last post?


I think I'll do it with a video. Or two.



I've been addicted to NPR's Tiny Desk Concerts. You can download the video as a podcast or just the audio, and for free! This is Julieta Venegas. Love her. She's from Mexico. I found out today that my mother in law shares the same love for her, but apparently no one else in the family does. Julton shows his distaste for her by telling me "you know, she doesn't really sing, it's her style..." my response? "really? that's your biggest diss?"





And of course, Iron & Wine. I love his music, when he plays solo preferably.


So there you have it. I've been consumed with music, and by the way paper work... Julton and I are close to submitting everything for his visa! I had a more heartfelt post written up previously, but... I decided to go with a lighthearted one. Sorry for the absence... I'm going to try to be around more often!


To tell you stories like this:


Last week I went with a few friends to Karaoke. And let me preface this by explaining that karaoke in Peru can be quite a serious endeavor. Was our group serious about karaoke? Singing heartfelt ballads? Sad lovesongs? Or just dancing and singing to salsa? Please. Bring on the spice girls. And Britney. But by the time our songs came out I had a feeling it wasn't a good idea that we sing... because the mood had already been set and everyone seemed pretty happy without the presence of Britney. So we probably shouldn't have been surprised when after we sang... no one clapped for us... and actually... a guy from the back corner yelled "pasala ya!!" (pass the mic already!)


That was embarrassing?

0 comments:

 

perandom © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates