26 September 2011

Some sugar for a honeybee

Supermarkets.
Open air Markets.
Bodegas
Mini Markets
Street side stands.
Carts being pushed through the neighborhood.
Wheel boroughs being pushed through the neighborhood.




There are lots of shopping options. I might even be forgetting a few. I think the weirdest seller I've seen around town is the couple that comes by about once a month. First you hear their megaphone sounding from the park, a block down the street. Then a few minutes later you hear the megaphone quite loud and clear right outside your window. Because they are right outside your window. On the street corner, with a huge pyramid of toilet paper packages. And no my first thought is not, wow that IS cheap! (that's the second thought) It is actually "hooowww did they move ALL of that toilet paper down the block so fast!" There's no cart around, just a man and a woman and a pyramid of 2 pack and 4 pack TP. And I find myself imagining some kind of line of people down the street tossing packs of toilet paper like it is some kind of party congo line but with TP, down the block to the next corner. 


No joke, I can't count how many times this has happen since we've lived on this block... on two hands anymore. And I still don't know how they do it. It's killing me.


What else is killing me is the fact that the honey I was so excited to buy (and at such a bargain price!), turns out to possibly be mixed with something else, too. Or the bees were fed sugar? Which is the theory my mother-in-law has. Or the honey was mixed with sugar water? Anyway something shady happen. Because the lovely honey I bought a week ago is now a solid mass and quite frankly not even that scrapeable. And no its not that cold. The ants that always seem to find their way back into our kitchen when the sun peaks through the clouds, don't even care for it. 


Boo.  The guy that sold it to me was so nice, too. But I guess they always are, aren't they?


Oh well, I'll just listen to one of my new favorite songs that cheers me up. Because what doesn't cheer a person up like someone singing over and over to you in a super cheery voice "Everything is going to be okay" A friend of mine here shared it with me when she knew I was stressed and anxious about an upcoming meeting. Result? I sat singing the song through the meeting :) She's a great friend.


0 comments:

 

perandom © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates