12 March 2011

a home.

I know that I haven't posted in a while and although this isn't a "real" post, I had to share about this hosue that I found...

I had to share about this house. This couple in Whales built it themselves for their small family of four! 
From the article, about the house:

Sustainable design and construction:
  1. Dug into hillside for low visual impact and shelter
  2. Stone and mud from diggings used for retaining walls, foundations etc.
  3. Frame constructed of fallen trees from surrounding woodland
  4. Reciprocal roof rafters are structurally very easy to do
  5. Straw bales in floor, walls and roof for super-insulation and easy building
  6. Plastic sheet and mud/turf roof for low impact and ease
  7. Lime plaster on walls is breathable and low energy to manufacture compared to cement
  8. Reclaimed (scrap) wood for floors and fittings
  9. Other items were reclaimed from “a rubbish pile somewhere”: windows, wiring, plumbing

I find this place very beautiful.... I wonder if I could ever get Julton to live in a place like this for a while... or if a place exists that we could rent even if only for vacation...hmmm


0 comments:

 

perandom © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates